why my frequency graph is not symmetrical?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am using prestressed study on frequency domain. i am simulating for the vibration frequency of human vocal fold. on my analysis, i see that one side of the frequency response is too steep. i was expecting the frequency response to be symmetrical.

it seemed to me that this problem occured when i enabled geometric nonlinearity on my study.

changing or adding damping did not solve this problem.

what could be causing this?

2 Replies Last Post Mar 5, 2024, 9:01 a.m. EST
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 months ago Mar 2, 2024, 3:54 a.m. EST

You should upload the file.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
You should upload the file.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 months ago Mar 5, 2024, 9:01 a.m. EST

Your plots looks like the values for some reason are truncated at zero. You would expect a 180 degree phase shift when passing the resonance. The displacement is complex-valued, and the graph will show the real part.

Try plotting abs(v) and see how that graph looks.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Your plots looks like the values for some reason are truncated at zero. You would expect a 180 degree phase shift when passing the resonance. The displacement is complex-valued, and the graph will show the real part. Try plotting abs(v) and see how that graph looks.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.