Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Current/Charge conservation in AC/DC

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

My model has several layers of domains having different conductivity and permittivity. I want current to be conserved in each domain independently. At present, I choose current conservation node for respective domains.
After solving, the volume integration of space charge denisty on all domains (i.e. the net charge) is zero. However, each domain is not independently conserved. Is there a way to specify independent charge or current conservation to each domain?

Thanks,
Arun

1 Reply Last Post Dec 10, 2012, 4:40 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 10, 2012, 4:40 a.m. EST
Hi

from my understanding, one or several current conservation nodes does not separate the items, by default all internal boundaries are in "continuation mode". If you want to have "isolation between the domains, you need either to use assembly mode, or probably easier add electrical isolation / shielding between your layers on the BC's

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from my understanding, one or several current conservation nodes does not separate the items, by default all internal boundaries are in "continuation mode". If you want to have "isolation between the domains, you need either to use assembly mode, or probably easier add electrical isolation / shielding between your layers on the BC's -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.