Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Doubt regarding metasurface absorber design

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm designing a metasurface absorber within visible light range. I refered to the comsol tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj1v-9-Ak_8&ab_channel=EMSpectrumLab and have a doubt. If I consider only single antenna rather than pediodic structure, what type of port should I apply? Besides, if I use periodic port as both input and output, I'm requested for setting periodic reference points, how can I set it? Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Jul 25, 2023, 10:28 a.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 months ago Jul 25, 2023, 10:28 a.m. EDT

The following suggestions may only answer part of your question, but here goes: (1) You might want to read more about Floquet boundary conditions, since these are important to representing an infinitely periodic structure by means of a single cell, and (2) consider using the Scattered-field formalism.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
The following suggestions may only answer part of your question, but here goes: (1) You might want to read more about *Floquet* boundary conditions, since these are important to representing an infinitely periodic structure by means of a single cell, and (2) consider using the *Scattered-field* formalism.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.