Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Import a .mphbin file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey , i made my own 3d geometry , assigned the materials and everything , i also did the studies and it was all fine . Then for the last part , i am requested to enter a capillary tube in the internal wall , and they told us we can simplify it as stagnant water with a constant temperature, as there is no surrounding tube or shell . they gave me the feed water 35 degreesC . and asked me what is the temperature variation of the internal wall surface in 30 minutes ? using comsol : plot the temperature variation with a time step of 5 minutes . initial temperature is 10 deg.

when i import the file , alot of (not applicable) shows under materials and heat flux , etc.... Can you please tell me what is the write way to import it ? and how to simplify it as stagnant water ?

I am a beginner , and I'm using Comsol multiphysics 6.0.

Best regards , Joanna

1 Reply Last Post May 9, 2023, 3:17 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 12 months ago May 9, 2023, 3:17 p.m. EDT
Updated: 12 months ago May 9, 2023, 3:19 p.m. EDT

Your expressions of your issues do not appear to include descriptions of the physics problem(s), geometry, processes, etc., that you are trying to investigate, so it is not clear how to help you. You also seem to be referring to a test/quiz or homework problem that is not included in your post, but evidently assigned to a group of students. If so, I suggest you discuss these issues with your classmates or instructor, as they should all be very familiar with your assigned task. Good luck.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Your expressions of your issues do not appear to include descriptions of the physics problem(s), geometry, processes, etc., that you are trying to investigate, so it is not clear how to help you. You also seem to be referring to a test/quiz or homework problem that is not included in your post, but evidently assigned to a group of students. If so, I suggest you discuss these issues with your classmates or instructor, as they should all be very familiar with your assigned task. Good luck.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.