Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Volume force in Laminar flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am doing simulation of chemical surface reaction in a 3-D reaction channel (shown in the first 3D channel profile). The laminar flow is generated by volume force in specific domain (the blue domain in the first image). When the volume force was settled with a very high number, the simulation can be done (shown in the second velocity profile image). But when I decrease the value of volume force, the simulation can not be done with some error info as:

Failed to find a solution.
Divergence of the linear iterations.
Returned solution is not converged.

I also have changed into 2-D model, which works for all values easily.

Can anybody help me on this? Any information and suggestion is really appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 19, 2015, 2:58 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bozhi Ji

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Apr 19, 2015, 2:58 a.m. EDT
I am also facing the same problem. I am coupling laminar flow with diluted species transport. The flow occurs due to concentration gradient buoyancy force. But it is showing error "nonlinear solver did not converge". Can anybody help?
I am also facing the same problem. I am coupling laminar flow with diluted species transport. The flow occurs due to concentration gradient buoyancy force. But it is showing error "nonlinear solver did not converge". Can anybody help?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.