Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Changing the coordinate system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have a question on how to work in cylindrical coordinate system, instead of the default cartesian coordinate. I am performing 3D simulation in Comsol 4.2. I right-click "Definitions > coordinate systems > cylindrical system" under "Model 1". However, when I draw my structures in "Geometry 1", it is still in xyz cartesian coordinates. Also, the axis buttons on top of the structure I have just drawn are still xy, yz, zx formats. How do I work completely in cylindrical coordinate system?

Thank you in advance.

Erwin

1 Reply Last Post Jul 25, 2012, 4:52 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 25, 2012, 4:52 p.m. EDT
Hi

COMSOL only works in the cartesian cordinate system, but you can define a cylindrical one and use that as a reference for most BCs, physics or your own formulas

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi COMSOL only works in the cartesian cordinate system, but you can define a cylindrical one and use that as a reference for most BCs, physics or your own formulas -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.