Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Automatize the ''initial conditions from previous solution'' process

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a time-dependent study. I would like to do the following:

-Solve the system from time t0 to t1.
-Change the value of a material property.
-Solve the system from t1 to t2 using previous solution as initial condition at t1 and new value of material property.
-Change the material property again, etc...

I have the solution from t0 to t1 attached to solver1. If I create a solver2 with an inital condition from solver1 and run a parametric sweep for the material variable, then all the runs will take initial conditions from t1 (which is not what I want). Is there a way to make sweep 1 take IC from t1, sweep 2 take it from t2 (last value of sweep 1), etc... ?

This is easily done manually but I was wondering whether or not this process could be automatized. A previous post mentioned it could be done but didn't explain how.

Thank you very much,

Dmitri

0 Replies Last Post Jul 24, 2012, 7:25 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dmitri Hennion

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.