Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I want to modify the equation in "surface-to-surface radiation"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I want to edit the "surface-to-surface radiation" equation in equation view.
In the weak expression, the equation is
"(ht.epsilon_rad*sigma_const*model.input.minput_temperature^4-ht.J0u+(1-ht.epsilon_rad)*ht.G_rad)*test(J)"

But I want to modify this equation.
I want it become "(A*sigma_const*model.input.minput_temperature^4-ht.J0u+(1-A-Tr)*ht.G_rad)*test(J)"
I set the parameter A & Tr in root->global definitions-> parameter A=0.12 Tr=0.8 .

but when i compute the model, I will see the COMSOL error

The error is here

Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: model.input.minput_temperature
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 67 68 69 70 71 87 96 99 127 144 147 153 172 173 174 175
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d(((A*sigma_const*model.input.minput_temperature^4-mod1.ht.J0u+(1-A-Tr)*mod1.ht.G_rad)*test(mod1.J))*(dvol),{test@87})

I think my modify equation is wrong , but I don't know how to fix it.
Plz somebody help me.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 13, 2012, 5:33 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dong-Yi Wu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.