Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

find out the error in below model (its urgent)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear moderator,
I want to know that that which viscoelatic material's property(prony series) is given in the COMSOL PDF of viscoelatic damper, which i have attached below.

Actually i want stress(s11)-strain(e11) vs time plot to find phase lag between the stress and strain curve.

procedure of my model:
----------------------------------------
1) made cube of 1um X 1um X 1um.
2) assign material properties.
3) applied a sinosudal Total force Ft= (10e-2)*sin(2*pi*t*2[1/s]) in x=1 plane
4) apply prescribed boundary condition u=0 (in x=0 plane) , v=0 (in y=0 plane) , w=0 (in z=0 plane)
5) meshing
6) compute

this way i have made my model but still i am not getting plot like i have attached below. i am giving the link of my model.

Model Link: dl.dropbox.com/u/42347671/Matrix.mph

help me so that i can get proper result.
thanks,

0 Replies Last Post Jul 13, 2012, 12:15 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nitesh Shah

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.