Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Question regards longitudinal dependent heat flux on a pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I tried to simulate heat conduction on a pipe with some different layer, and one layer have the heat conduction, the others are heat insulator. As the heat flux given in the condition is a longitudinal dependent eqaution. I tried to input the heat flux through a linear interpolation, where t is the variable and f(t) is the results. But I receive an error note as attached below:

Temperature Undefined variable. - Variable: int1 - Geometry: geom1 - Boundaries: 4-5 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.ht.hf1.q0 - Defined as: int1comp1.spatial.detInvF Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: dvol(comp1.spatial.detF(comp1.ht.hf1.q0comp1.ht.d)) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: (comp1.ht.hf1.q0test(comp1.ht.hf1.Tvar)comp1.ht.dcomp1.spatial.detF)(dvol)

int1 is a set of value for variable and my heat flux eqaution 4 & 5 are the conducted surface

If i type the eqaution directly into heat flux section, then everything went smoothly.

Can someone help me with my problem please?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Dec 9, 2021, 7:28 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mitch Lim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.