Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Volumetric strain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been trying to plot the modulus of volumetric strain for a superlattice micropillar structure. In 2D axisymmetric space, I was using the solid mechanics physics from acoustics module with eigenfrequency study. When I plotted the expression "abs(solid.evol)" the results are not as expected(It is expected to be in the form of Bessel function). There are some peculiar patterns appearing in the plot which disturbs the continuity of strain in the radial direction of the pillar(one of the strain for a particular eigenfrequency is attached here with. I tried with different meshing to get better results. Please help me to find what I am doing wrong and how to resolve it.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 7, 2021, 1:06 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Agneya V D

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.