Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thin Film BAW Composite Resonator simulation in COMOSL 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm currently engaged in the simulation of FBAR device in COMSOL 3.5a, and want to use this model.

However, "in the model library", I find that the admittance of electrode is defined as "0.5[mm]*nJs_smppn/1[V]", where 0.5[mm] is the width of the electrode, and "nJs_smppn" is the surface current density, which I don't know why, because we use the integration coupling variables, and the width of the electrode is the variable.

Then why we use the "0.5[mm]*nJs_smppn/1[V]", but not the "1.7[mm]*nJs_smppn/1[V]", where 1.7[mm] is the thickness of the 2D scheme of FBAR device.

3 Replies Last Post Apr 18, 2013, 4:20 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jianan Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 3, 2013, 12:19 p.m. EST
Hi Jianan Wang,

Myself Vidya Shree, I am trying to develop the same Thin Film BAW Resonator, using version 4.2, So I request you to give me some detail about developing the model which will help me in my studies. I am new to Comsol product an I even not got procedure model of BAW resonator which is developed using version 3.5.
Hi Jianan Wang, Myself Vidya Shree, I am trying to develop the same Thin Film BAW Resonator, using version 4.2, So I request you to give me some detail about developing the model which will help me in my studies. I am new to Comsol product an I even not got procedure model of BAW resonator which is developed using version 3.5.

Yanamandra Sri Krishna

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 7, 2013, 3:04 a.m. EST
Hello vidya and Jianan,
I'm working on Design and Analysis of Thin Film Bulk Acoustic Resonator. I'm new to the COMSOL. Can you please suggest the design considerations for designing BAW for particular resonant frequency, what relationship or formula should I establish between resonant frequency and electrode thickness, thickness of substrate, etc. Please help.
Thanks in advance
Hello vidya and Jianan, I'm working on Design and Analysis of Thin Film Bulk Acoustic Resonator. I'm new to the COMSOL. Can you please suggest the design considerations for designing BAW for particular resonant frequency, what relationship or formula should I establish between resonant frequency and electrode thickness, thickness of substrate, etc. Please help. Thanks in advance

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 18, 2013, 4:20 a.m. EDT
Hi Krishna
Did you get any answer for your problem. if yes mail me Vidu054@gmail.com
Hi Krishna Did you get any answer for your problem. if yes mail me Vidu054@gmail.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.