Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Toroidal core

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have tried to model toroidal core made of wound steel sheet in 2D geometry. COMSOL 4.0 have been used. Previously, I have tried to model this in COMSOL 3.5 but it seems that Thin low permeability gap boundary condition does not work as it should. I think that this have been already discussed at this forum. That is why I decided to make the model in COMSOL 4.0. Since I am not completely familiar with COMSOL 4.0 I came across problems.

I post my model on the forum with asking those who are in this closely to look it and comment. Problem occurs when I try to solve the model. I do not know why this happens, due to bad Subdomain or Boundary, or something else. Maybe the whole model have been made wrong, or it should be made in 2D axial symmetry or 3D.

Best regards,
Branko

1 Reply Last Post May 16, 2012, 3:51 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 16, 2012, 3:51 p.m. EDT
Hi

most proably 4.0 that was a first out of the new version has the same issues as v3.5, you should get hands ona more recent version, 4.3 is due in a few weeks I hear, check with your rep or your sysadmin

Also try to redefine your normB in your soft iron material something is wrong, but it could be also the translation into my version. I newer trust a "first" major version of any software, it's good for learning, but not for "serious" work you need to rely on

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi most proably 4.0 that was a first out of the new version has the same issues as v3.5, you should get hands ona more recent version, 4.3 is due in a few weeks I hear, check with your rep or your sysadmin Also try to redefine your normB in your soft iron material something is wrong, but it could be also the translation into my version. I newer trust a "first" major version of any software, it's good for learning, but not for "serious" work you need to rely on -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.