Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Doesnt Comsol work at high temprature?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am tryng to build a model to find the naural convection heat loss from a cylindrical heating chamber .The bottom of the cylinder is at 973 K and I am using 2-D axisymtric design(230mm x147mm).Only the convection loss is from the top open surface of the chamber.I have used non isothermal flow considering the buyoncy effect for air.But I am really confused what boundry condition should I give to the top of the chamber as it has only single opening.Mean it has the same inlet and same outlet.
I have given the boundry condtion as open boundry for Navier stokes and convective flux for heat and transfer module but solution never converge.
I have tried to solve the tutorial convective cooling of a circuit board www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/449/ which works well at low tempratuer but when I increase the temprature more than 450 K it doesnt work .
I have tried each and every option.
Please do help me how can I solve this high temprature problem as I am working from last 2 weeks to figure it out but still unable to solve.
Should I keep focus on the same version3.5a or should go some other versions??

Please do guid accordingly.

Regards
Tassawar

3 Replies Last Post Mar 3, 2012, 2:12 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2012, 9:49 a.m. EST
It would be interesting to check if your material properties are valid for the temperatures you've given.
It would be interesting to check if your material properties are valid for the temperatures you've given.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2012, 2:05 p.m. EST

[QUOTE] It would be interesting to check if your material properties are valid for the temperatures you've given. [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2012, 2:12 p.m. EST
3.5a , Thank you so much for your reply.I have cheked materiall properties its nickle cylinder at 973 K insise a stainless steel chamber but when solution get converges the whole chamber is in the same temprature which I can never expect.Even when I solve without introducing the navier stokes Model works .i really do not know how to fix it.Can you tell what could be the reason?
3.5a , Thank you so much for your reply.I have cheked materiall properties its nickle cylinder at 973 K insise a stainless steel chamber but when solution get converges the whole chamber is in the same temprature which I can never expect.Even when I solve without introducing the navier stokes Model works .i really do not know how to fix it.Can you tell what could be the reason?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.