Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

hydrogen plasma

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I would like to know if there is a digital site to obtain the collision cross section data (Electron Impact Reaction), used in the plasma module.

thanks.

3 Replies Last Post Oct 15, 2020, 5:12 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago May 26, 2020, 5:59 p.m. EDT

Hello Fabian,

The Plasma Module's User's Guide, version 5.5, gives two references for cross section data, see pages 32-33.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Fabian, The Plasma Module's User's Guide, version 5.5, gives two references for cross section data, see pages 32-33. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 4 years ago May 31, 2020, 11:04 a.m. EDT

Hello, I have another question, how could I calculate the statistical weight that comsol asks me for the excitation reactions? thanks

Hello, I have another question, how could I calculate the statistical weight that comsol asks me for the excitation reactions? thanks

Posted: 3 years ago Oct 15, 2020, 5:12 a.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago Oct 15, 2020, 5:13 a.m. EDT

Dear Fabian, These statistical ratio of the final state to initial state related to quantum numbers/states, For atomic species: g=2J+1 where J is the total electronic angular momentum

Dear Fabian, These statistical ratio of the final state to initial state related to quantum numbers/states, For atomic species: g=2J+1 where J is the total electronic angular momentum

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.