Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What is meant by the error "DAE is structurally inconsistent"?

Malik M Tahiyat Plasma Physics and Chemistry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model a 2 D nonequilibrium plasma with an external Circuit. The same model works fine in 1D but when I try to make a 2D axisymmetric model, i get the error "DAE is structurally inconsistent". Can anyone give an idea where to start looking for?

-------------------
Thanking you,
-Malik M Tahiyat
Graduate Research Assistant,
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of South Carolina (USC)
300 Main Street, Room A 137
Phone: +1(803)-318-0274

2 Replies Last Post Apr 11, 2020, 6:47 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 29, 2020, 2:16 p.m. EDT

Usually when I see this error it is because of a floating electrical circuit node.

Usually when I see this error it is because of a floating electrical circuit node.

Malik M Tahiyat Plasma Physics and Chemistry

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 11, 2020, 6:47 p.m. EDT

Thanks Dave,

In my case, I found that I had not given some of the boundary conditions correctly and did not click on 'calculate from mass constraint' and 'calculate from electroneutrality constraint' at specific species in the plasma module.

I posted a new discussion. I would be grteful if you can take a look at my query.

-------------------
Thanking you,
-Malik M Tahiyat
Graduate Research Assistant,
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of South Carolina (USC)
300 Main Street, Room A 137
Phone: +1(803)-318-0274
Thanks Dave, In my case, I found that I had not given some of the boundary conditions correctly and did not click on 'calculate from mass constraint' and 'calculate from electroneutrality constraint' at specific species in the plasma module. I posted a new discussion. I would be grteful if you can take a look at my query.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.