Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to apply boundary conditions in a solid fulid heat transfer?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ! I am currently doing a two dimensional simulation of a reactor. Chemical reaction take place in this reactor. The reactor is a cylinder reactor. I set up a two-dimensional axial symmetry model to simulate this process. In the core of the cylinder a cooling pipe run through the cylinder and water flow through the cooling pipe taking the heat away. I use heat transfer in porous media to simulate the process in the reactor, and laminar flow, heat transfer in fluid to simulate the heat transfer in the cooling water. Finally I use heat transfer in solid to simulate the heat transfer in the cooling pipe wall. However, I dont konw how to apply boundary conditions between the cooling pipe wall ,the reactor and the cooling water. The model figure is attached. Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!!

1 Reply Last Post May 12, 2019, 5:09 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago May 12, 2019, 5:09 a.m. EDT

I dont konw how to apply boundary conditions between the reactor and the cooling pipe wall, and boundary conditions between the cooling pipe wall and cooling water in order to make the heat transfer from the reactor to the cooling water.

I dont konw how to apply boundary conditions between the reactor and the cooling pipe wall, and boundary conditions between the cooling pipe wall and cooling water in order to make the heat transfer from the reactor to the cooling water.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.