Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Loop Variable Correlation Was Detected

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!I meet a problem,when i click the study,it shows a error:Loop variable correlation was detected.If you have met this problem before,could you teach me how to solve it,please................. the error it shows like this: Loop variable correlation was detected. - Variable: comp1.taue - - Geometry: geom1 - - Border: 6

4 Replies Last Post May 12, 2019, 9:10 a.m. EDT

Posted: 5 years ago May 10, 2019, 4:11 a.m. EDT

Hi, It's impossible to help you if you do not provide us with more details about your model and what triggered the error.

The error message mentions a variable in particular: did you check that there was no mistake in its definition? Or the definition of its dependencies?

Hi, It's impossible to help you if you do not provide us with more details about your model and what triggered the error. The error message mentions a variable in particular: did you check that there was no mistake in its definition? Or the definition of its dependencies?

Posted: 5 years ago May 11, 2019, 11:38 p.m. EDT

Hi,firstly,I am sorry for my unclear statement and thanks your advice. So,I show you a screenshot: τe(taue) is detected as a circle variable. I think there is no mistake in its definition. And I've been reading a paper that says need to give τe an initial value.So do you know that how I can add an initial value to it? Please.......

Hi,firstly,I am sorry for my unclear statement and thanks your advice. So,I show you a screenshot: τe(taue) is detected as a circle variable. I think there is no mistake in its definition. And I've been reading a paper that says need to give τe an initial value.So do you know that how I can add an initial value to it? Please.......

Posted: 5 years ago May 12, 2019, 4:40 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago May 12, 2019, 4:40 a.m. EDT

COMSOL is warning you that you have a circular dependency.

And indeed, tau_e depends on n0 and n1 (through tauzx and tauzy), which in turn depend on eta, itself dependent on tau_e.

There might be other circularities but this one is the most obvious.

If your definitions of tau_e, etc. are correct, this means that you must input this as an equation to solve for, but you can't do it as a series of variables.

COMSOL is warning you that you have a circular dependency. And indeed, tau_e depends on n0 and n1 (through tauzx and tauzy), which in turn depend on eta, itself dependent on tau_e. There might be other circularities but this one is the most obvious. If your definitions of tau_e, etc. are correct, this means that you must input this as an equation to solve for, but you can't do it as a series of variables.

Posted: 5 years ago May 12, 2019, 9:10 a.m. EDT

Uh, thank you very much for your advice, I will seriously think about it.

Uh, thank you very much for your advice, I will seriously think about it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.