Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Clamped plate with an absorber

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to model a clamped plate with a spring-mass system attached as shown in the figure (attached). I am using the structural module for the plate and Lumped Mechanical system for the mass-spring. I am having the problem in how to couple the both systems and how to attach the lumped mechanical system at the middle of the plate. I always have an error saying that "You have a hanging node in the lumped mechanical system". My output is the mode shapes of the coupled system.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 3, 2019, 3:46 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abdullah Alshaya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 3, 2019, 3:46 a.m. EDT

I am trying to modeling too. Have you solved the problem ?

I am trying to modeling too. Have you solved the problem ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.