Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling Electrochemical Chloride Extraction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I have been working on a model of ECE for the several months now.

I have encountered two main problems with the model: * Calculation of the equilibrium potential, exchange current density and anode/cathode transfer coefficients of the reactions occuring at the anode and cathode I have been using half-cell potentials for the reactions for now
* Mass transfer of the charged ions appear to be moving too fast when compared to the non-charged partticles.

The model is not yet complete as I need to add more reactions and ions but in order to get something working to what Im expecting I have kept it simple for now.

Any insight into how this can be solved would be greatly apprecioated Model is atatched for reference.

0 Replies Last Post Feb 7, 2019, 9:04 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sean Bond

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.