Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing boltzmann two term into a plasma module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am having issues importing boltzmann data into my model. After reading the following:

"The EEDF has to be imported to the plasma model as a spreadsheet consisting of three rows. The first row (x-data) has to be the electron energy (eV), while the second row (y-data) has to be the mean electron energy (eV)"

I thought it would make sense. I tried it and failed.

(I got that information from https://www.comsol.com/blogs/the-boltzmann-equation-two-term-approximation-interface/)

When I opened the argon boltzmann analysis tutorial to try to import it into the in-plane microwave plasma tutorial I never got the option for boltzmann under the EEDF section in the plasma interface. I used x as my expression for electron energy, and be.ebar for mean electron energy.

The blog also said "Meanwhile, the third row must contain the value for the distribution function (eV^(-3/2))" so I used f as my expression for that.

When I imported this there still was no option for boltzmann in the EEDF settings under the plasma node. Any advice on how to get that to show up?

0 Replies Last Post Jul 26, 2018, 3:12 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tressa M

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.