Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal Expansion of a hollow sphere

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

i would like to simulate the thermal expansion (deformation) of a hollow sphere in 3D. My problem is how can i simulate the increased inner radius of the sphere. i have no idea to set a boundary like fixed on the centre of the sphere because ther is no material. So it is difficult for me to set the boundary conditions correctly. i would like to simulate the fraction of the inner radius of the hollow sphere to the new inner radius at higher temperature. Thank you for any help of this problem.

0 Replies Last Post Nov 30, 2009, 11:48 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Stephan Wieneke

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.