Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error message on comsol 4.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,

I'm learning by myself and it's quiet difficult. I've tried with a simple problem, A 2D laminar flow of water on a pipe.
I tried to set up things correctly but I've got an error message "feature stationnary solver 1 (sol2/s1). Error : failed to find a solution ? Does Anyone know why ?
thank you

By the way, is there somewhere some very simple tutorials explained step by step ?

thanks

2 Replies Last Post May 18, 2011, 4:44 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 17, 2011, 11:25 a.m. EDT

hello,

I'm learning by myself and it's quiet difficult. I've tried with a simple problem, A 2D laminar flow of water on a pipe.
I tried to set up things correctly but I've got an error message "feature stationnary solver 1 (sol2/s1). Error : failed to find a solution ? Does Anyone know why ?
thank you

By the way, is there somewhere some very simple tutorials explained step by step ?

thanks

Hi Andre,

I'm a new user too, but from my experience, there are many reasons why you could get that error message. You should probably post something in more detail, and hopefully someone more experienced in this field will pick it up.

About tutorials, you can check out www.comsol.com/products/tutorials/, and www.comsol.com/showroom/product/. You will find them useful.

cheers.

--
Wei Wang, Ph.D. Candidate
Malloup group, Penn State
[QUOTE] hello, I'm learning by myself and it's quiet difficult. I've tried with a simple problem, A 2D laminar flow of water on a pipe. I tried to set up things correctly but I've got an error message "feature stationnary solver 1 (sol2/s1). Error : failed to find a solution ? Does Anyone know why ? thank you By the way, is there somewhere some very simple tutorials explained step by step ? thanks [/QUOTE] Hi Andre, I'm a new user too, but from my experience, there are many reasons why you could get that error message. You should probably post something in more detail, and hopefully someone more experienced in this field will pick it up. About tutorials, you can check out http://www.comsol.com/products/tutorials/, and http://www.comsol.com/showroom/product/. You will find them useful. cheers. -- Wei Wang, Ph.D. Candidate Malloup group, Penn State

Posted: 1 decade ago May 18, 2011, 4:44 p.m. EDT
thank you
thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.