Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AUTOMATIC DEFORMATION BOUNDARY

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a mechanical problem in COMSOL 4.1 .

The initial geometry consists on a circle that lies on a rectangle (therefore the concact between the two surfaces is a point) .

The circle is much softer that the substratum and tends to bind it (with a certain force). I would like to define an area that sorrounds the boundary of the sphere and the substratum in such a way that all the points that belong to this area become in contact with the force mentioned above. In this way the sphere will deform on the rectangle.

Is this implemented on COMSOL 4.1? How?

Thank You
Giulio

1 Reply Last Post May 2, 2011, 4:26 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 2, 2011, 4:26 p.m. EDT
Hi

I would try to split your sphere around the contact point, by intersecting it with a cylinder and then deleting the extra geoemtry items all in the "Geometry" section (or use a CAD Split line feature such as in SolidWorks)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would try to split your sphere around the contact point, by intersecting it with a cylinder and then deleting the extra geoemtry items all in the "Geometry" section (or use a CAD Split line feature such as in SolidWorks) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.