Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Material Property Question

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

How do I know the exact numerical value of a particular material property that comsol is using?

When I click the material in the library, only a variable name appears. For example, density is rho(T). How can I find the actual values for rho(T)?

Thanks

3 Replies Last Post Jul 24, 2012, 7:43 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 21, 2011, 11:10 a.m. EDT
Hi

you need to load the material, then select the properties and then make your plot.

Thereafter you might "DELETE" the material from your model if you do not like it. It's slightly cumbersome, would be nicer to be able to access the plots ALSO in the model library GUI

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need to load the material, then select the properties and then make your plot. Thereafter you might "DELETE" the material from your model if you do not like it. It's slightly cumbersome, would be nicer to be able to access the plots ALSO in the model library GUI -- Good luck Ivar

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 21, 2011, 11:31 a.m. EDT
See attached screenshot.
See attached screenshot.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 24, 2012, 7:43 a.m. EDT

See attached screenshot.

Is there a way to export and save the material property data in the plot ??
[QUOTE] See attached screenshot. [/QUOTE] Is there a way to export and save the material property data in the plot ??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.