Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error in residual computation

Rajeswaran Radhakrishnan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using comsol 3.5a for the modeling of Li ion batteries.
I am a new user,So i am trying to redo the same model which is given in comsol already for the Li ion battery.
But I got the following error

Error:
Time 3.746334577378822:
Error in residual computation.
Power_of_negative
Function: ^
Failed_to_evaluate_variable
Variable: i0, Defined_as: (((k_pos*((c1max_pos-c1s_pos)^aA_pos))*(c1s_pos^aC_pos))*(c2^aA_pos))
Failed_to_evaluate_variable
Variable: i_loc, Defined_as: ((exp((((Far*aA_pos)*eta)/(Rg*T)))-exp(((((-aC_pos)*Far)*eta)/(Rg*T))))*i0)
Failed_to_evaluate_expression
Expression: d(((-K1eff*phi1x*test(phi1x)/L_pos-i_loc*Sa_pos*L_pos*test(phi1))-(0))*(dvol),{test@1})
Last time step is not converged.

Can anyone please help me in this case?

Thanks,
Rajesh.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 19, 2011, 12:30 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rajeswaran Radhakrishnan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.