Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cannot Resolve Domain relations: Bizarre behavior

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

First let me just say I have read this post (www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/13136/) covering this topic, my problem is different.

I have a simple geometry, a hexahedron that gets rotated about an axis to make some copies. If i define the hexahedron as a solid and do this, I get the error I stated in the subject line. However, If i define the hexahedron as a surface, then do my rotations and finally then convert to a solid, i can form the union.

Can anyone explain this behavior? I have attached my .mph file (Comsol 4.1).

Its easy to switch back and forth to observe this bizarreness. Just disable/enable the conversion and set the hexahedron to surface/solid to toggle back and forth and observe the error

Thanks,
Adam

3 Replies Last Post Apr 19, 2011, 12:14 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 19, 2011, 11:18 a.m. EDT
Hi

I believe it is because you have not defined a sphere around for the air, When I add a sphere at the centre of radius 50 mm your physics become alive again ;)

By the way you should upgrade to the latest patch, see the main web site

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe it is because you have not defined a sphere around for the air, When I add a sphere at the centre of radius 50 mm your physics become alive again ;) By the way you should upgrade to the latest patch, see the main web site -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 19, 2011, 12:11 p.m. EDT
I had a cylinder around the whole thing, and it still was giving the same error. I took it out so make the model simpler for people to try out. I have attached a model with a cylinder/sphere per your instructions around the whole thing and it still give the same error. hmmmm
I had a cylinder around the whole thing, and it still was giving the same error. I took it out so make the model simpler for people to try out. I have attached a model with a cylinder/sphere per your instructions around the whole thing and it still give the same error. hmmmm

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 19, 2011, 12:14 p.m. EDT
Hi

well I added a sphere and it works OK but I have 4.1.0.185 !?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi well I added a sphere and it works OK but I have 4.1.0.185 !? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.