Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can not follow the Lithium-ion model library

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am very new user in COMSOL. I have a problem with model library in the Lithium-ion battery. I have followed the instruction on 1D Isothermal Lithium-ion battery and the first study node can be simulated as well. But, in the second study node regarding to reproduce the discharge curves in Figure 4 by using parametric study the solves for four different discharge currents, I can not plot the graph with four different discharge current (1D plot graph 9) . It come out with only one discharge current plot and the others are not. I followed the instruction on model pdf step by step and I don't know why it came out like this.

I have attached my simulation mph file (quite big 37Mb). you cand download file from this link

www.mediafire.com/?19tbwoma5s54sty

please suggest me

Regards

Ukrit

3 Replies Last Post Mar 18, 2011, 9:03 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 17, 2011, 4:31 p.m. EDT
Hi

you can also remove the solution and upload the model "cleaned", we would have to rerun it, but that is always possible (if we have the right module, which is not my case)

If you want several curves from different runs (or from a parametric sweep) you muszt add different sub nodes to your plot node, one per curve (or use the duplicate) but then you must ALSO redirect the sub node Data set to the appropriate Solution, and in parametric sweep select "all" first, last or a manual selected set of data values. Look carefully at all GUI entries in the plot node, AND sub-node (both levels !)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can also remove the solution and upload the model "cleaned", we would have to rerun it, but that is always possible (if we have the right module, which is not my case) If you want several curves from different runs (or from a parametric sweep) you muszt add different sub nodes to your plot node, one per curve (or use the duplicate) but then you must ALSO redirect the sub node Data set to the appropriate Solution, and in parametric sweep select "all" first, last or a manual selected set of data values. Look carefully at all GUI entries in the plot node, AND sub-node (both levels !) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 18, 2011, 6:23 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

Thank you for reply me.

Actually, I have simulated my file using parametric sweep (run values from 0.1 1 2 4) in my study node 2, but the results came out only the 4 value when i ploted the appropriate solution with using the paramatric sweep select "all". I do not know why the graph draw only one (value 4) value and the others are not (you can see in 1D plot group 9)

I have attached the clear solution file to you. You can focus on my study 2.

Thank you

Regards,

Ukrit
Hi Ivar, Thank you for reply me. Actually, I have simulated my file using parametric sweep (run values from 0.1 1 2 4) in my study node 2, but the results came out only the 4 value when i ploted the appropriate solution with using the paramatric sweep select "all". I do not know why the graph draw only one (value 4) value and the others are not (you can see in 1D plot group 9) I have attached the clear solution file to you. You can focus on my study 2. Thank you Regards, Ukrit

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 18, 2011, 9:03 a.m. EDT
Hi
actually I do not have the battery module yo I cannot open it. But I suspect that you are not pointing to the right, solution data set. With a parametrised solver you have several data set and stored solution. Try to track your way through the logic of the nodes, and the related solver steps and solution Data set. then be sure your plot is pointing to the correct data set, NOT necessarily the last one

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi actually I do not have the battery module yo I cannot open it. But I suspect that you are not pointing to the right, solution data set. With a parametrised solver you have several data set and stored solution. Try to track your way through the logic of the nodes, and the related solver steps and solution Data set. then be sure your plot is pointing to the correct data set, NOT necessarily the last one -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.