Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Refer the material properties in PDE interfaces

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have defined materials and their properties from the built-in library already. While working on the coefficients of the PDE interfaces ( for example, Coefficient Form PDEs), can I just use those predefined material properties? If yes, how do I know their variables names?

Specifically, I have defined concrete in the Material section. When working on coefficient form PED, I want to use the concrete density times concrete specific heat, which are already defined in Materials, as the damping coefficient. Should I use something like Materials.rho*Materials.Cp? What variable names should I use?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Best,

1 Reply Last Post Jun 19, 2017, 10:24 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Jun 19, 2017, 10:24 a.m. EDT
Hi Fengtao,
This old thread addresses your question, I believe:
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/5315
Best,
Jeff
Hi Fengtao, This old thread addresses your question, I believe: https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/5315 Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.