Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Level set capillary filling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to run the level set capillary filling library model using COMSOL 4.1.112. I simple do not understand how to set up the solvers (using transient initialization). In COMSOL 3.5 (which the model was developed for), the same task is rather easy and works well.
I tried to set a first study step the does the transient initialization. This seems to work fine. Then, a second study step that solves the time dependent problem. This fails, giving "Failed to find consistent initial values.
Out of memory during LU factorization. Last time step is not converged."

1 Reply Last Post Feb 1, 2011, 7:40 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 1, 2011, 7:40 a.m. EST
Hi

Adding in several solvers and linking them is nice in v4.1 (but I agree it took me some time to understand the logic) then once that understood,, it becomes rather easy.

You could take a structural "buckling" example as there COMSOL generates the 2 studies; stationary + eigenfrequency process nicely, with an intermediate store solution AND the stored solution initial time step set-up

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Adding in several solvers and linking them is nice in v4.1 (but I agree it took me some time to understand the logic) then once that understood,, it becomes rather easy. You could take a structural "buckling" example as there COMSOL generates the 2 studies; stationary + eigenfrequency process nicely, with an intermediate store solution AND the stored solution initial time step set-up -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.