Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Visualizing contours in only one specified surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have a 3D model composed of only one subdomain enclosed by a very large number of surfaces. The problem is that whenever I plot the results using Surface (4.1) or Boundary (3.5a) I get the plots for all surfaces. I guess this should be really easy, but I can't figure how to plot the contours in just one (user-defined) certain boundary, just like when you create a user-controlled mesh boundary by boundary. I'm not interested in slice/isosurface/etc, just the results in one boundary while the rest is shown as wireframe. I wouldn't believe this is not possible.

Thank you in advance !
Néstor

1 Reply Last Post Jan 27, 2011, 7:16 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 27, 2011, 7:16 a.m. EST
I just found how to do it in 4.1. Simply Right-click on the Data Sets, make a surface, and choose this new Data Set on your Surface Plot. As I said, it had to be easy.
regards
Néstor

I just found how to do it in 4.1. Simply Right-click on the Data Sets, make a surface, and choose this new Data Set on your Surface Plot. As I said, it had to be easy. regards Néstor

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.