Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting results from many values of a certain parameter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

I have been trying to run my model with a certain parameter changing from one run to another and see how the result looks like in different runs. Is there an easy way of plotting the result of multiple runs other than brute force. What i have been doing is manually change the parameter and store the graph, then change the parameter to a different value and comparing the new result with the old one. Thanks

3 Replies Last Post Jan 26, 2011, 3:22 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 26, 2011, 10:49 a.m. EST
Hi

in V4.1 you can "duplicate" your nodes, and then just change the equations. Then you can add them to the report to save the files at each run

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V4.1 you can "duplicate" your nodes, and then just change the equations. Then you can add them to the report to save the files at each run -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 26, 2011, 2:19 p.m. EST
I will try that. What then is parametric sweep? Does that plot the results by changing the parameter in a user defined way.
I will try that. What then is parametric sweep? Does that plot the results by changing the parameter in a user defined way.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 26, 2011, 3:22 p.m. EST
Hi

you should spend some time studying the different options of the new plotting features in V4.1, there are many options in there, at different levels, for single point or multiple sweep plotting

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you should spend some time studying the different options of the new plotting features in V4.1, there are many options in there, at different levels, for single point or multiple sweep plotting -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.