Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add the scale legend as in this graph?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How to add this scale legend (see the attached graph, the scale legend on the right, i.e. the second one)
my comsol is version 4
Thank you!

5 Replies Last Post Dec 23, 2010, 9:52 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 20, 2010, 12:16 p.m. EST
Hi

in V4 the global Legends are on the main "Results - Plot" node, while you can select the presence or absence of the color bars on the sub-nodes for the different plots under there respective main Results-Plot nodes

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V4 the global Legends are on the main "Results - Plot" node, while you can select the presence or absence of the color bars on the sub-nodes for the different plots under there respective main Results-Plot nodes -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 22, 2010, 7:17 a.m. EST

How to add this scale legend (see the attached graph, the scale legend on the right, i.e. the second one)
my comsol is version 4
Thank you!

I assume it is a contour plot, without fill. so one surface plot (the full color legend) and one contour plot (the discrete color one)

--
Comsol 4.1
Ubuntu 10.04.1
[QUOTE] How to add this scale legend (see the attached graph, the scale legend on the right, i.e. the second one) my comsol is version 4 Thank you! [/QUOTE] I assume it is a contour plot, without fill. so one surface plot (the full color legend) and one contour plot (the discrete color one) -- Comsol 4.1 Ubuntu 10.04.1

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 22, 2010, 10:09 a.m. EST

my comsol is version 4
Thank you!

I assume it is a contour plot, without fill. so one surface plot (the full color legend) and one contour plot (the discrete color one)

--
Comsol 4.1
Ubuntu 10.04.1

I think it is a contour plot too. But, it seems that there is no discrete color option in v4, I cannot find this function.
[QUOTE] [QUOTE] How to add this scale legend (see the attached graph, the scale legend on the right, i.e. the second one) my comsol is version 4 Thank you! [/QUOTE] I assume it is a contour plot, without fill. so one surface plot (the full color legend) and one contour plot (the discrete color one) -- Comsol 4.1 Ubuntu 10.04.1 [/QUOTE] I think it is a contour plot too. But, it seems that there is no discrete color option in v4, I cannot find this function.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 22, 2010, 1:40 p.m. EST
Hi
in 4.1 it's in one of the sub-settings of the plot settings view

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in 4.1 it's in one of the sub-settings of the plot settings view -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 23, 2010, 9:52 a.m. EST

Hi
in 4.1 it's in one of the sub-settings of the plot settings view

--
Good luck
Ivar

Thank you, Ivar!
Would you mind give a image snapshot?
I try to find it, but failed at last.
[QUOTE] Hi in 4.1 it's in one of the sub-settings of the plot settings view -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Thank you, Ivar! Would you mind give a image snapshot? I try to find it, but failed at last.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.