Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Basic simulation of induction heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I'm just starting to work with Comsol and therefore run into quite a bunch of problems. Most of them are rather basic, but have to be overcome anyway.

However, I've made the appended induction heating model and try to solve it in two steps: First I do a stationary simulation, and then I take the results as initial values for a frequency-transient analysis. In the transient step I get the error message "Failed to find consistent initial values. COMSOL assertion problem.".

Maybe someone can have a look at my model and give me some advice? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Raphael

1 Reply Last Post Dec 18, 2010, 7:37 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 18, 2010, 7:37 p.m. EST
My problem should be quite simple to solve for somebody with experience with COMSOL..

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could have a look on my model! Thanks.
My problem should be quite simple to solve for somebody with experience with COMSOL.. I would greatly appreciate if somebody could have a look on my model! Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.