Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What is Enorm in RF module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Iam confused what is Enorm. Whether it stands for the normal component with respect to to the incident surface?
Can some body help me
thanks

Irfan

3 Replies Last Post Oct 12, 2010, 8:04 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 12, 2010, 2:12 a.m. EDT
Hi

to get better help, try to at least specify version, and better also application mode/physics used.

Then when you have a doubt, try to find the equation for the variable, these can be seen in the equation view in V4 or in the physics Equation settings in 3.5.

In any case searching the doc is rather useful too, index the pdf files it help to find your way as useful info is placed in several docs

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi to get better help, try to at least specify version, and better also application mode/physics used. Then when you have a doubt, try to find the equation for the variable, these can be seen in the equation view in V4 or in the physics Equation settings in 3.5. In any case searching the doc is rather useful too, index the pdf files it help to find your way as useful info is placed in several docs -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 12, 2010, 6:41 a.m. EDT
Ivar is right, there isn't much information there. Nevertheless, normE is reserved for the absolute magnitude of E-field. So Enorm is probably something else :)
Ivar is right, there isn't much information there. Nevertheless, normE is reserved for the absolute magnitude of E-field. So Enorm is probably something else :)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 12, 2010, 8:04 a.m. EDT
thanks guys, i am using V4.
thanks guys, i am using V4.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.